WebNews built in web news client.
The built in WebNews interface and web server allow users to instantly start using the web client to browse groups and read items.
- Optimized for speed (no excessive images used or slow java scripting)
- Simple interface ideal for new customers
- Easy to tailor templates if you want to give it your own look and feel.
- Thumbnails automatically generated of images in messages.
- Multi part messages assembled.
The url to the WebNews interface is usually something like http://your.server:9080/webnews the port is specified in surgenews.ini so can be port '80' if you don't already have a web sever installed on the same system.
The templates are available in the 'webnews' directory under the SurgeNews home directory, if you modify them be sure to copy your changes before upgrading SurgeNews.
Sample screen shot below.